In response to Covid-19, There will be a few required extra steps to take to ensure both the clients and practitioner's safety. Massage is a high risk activity for spreading this disease but you can be rest assured that I will do everything in my power to reduce this risk. Some of these things are standard practice and some are new protocols.
What is Standard Practice?
- Clean sheets and face cradle covers for every single client.
- Client contact surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectants between clients.
- Hands will be washed or disinfected frequently. As the practitioner, I always wash my hands before and after my sessions up to my elbows.
- A through intake and health history will be taken.
- I will be charting every session, not only for my own medical notes, but for necessary contact tracing in line with Dutch measures.
What is the new Protocols?
- Masks will be worn at all times.
- 1.5 meters distance will be maintained as frequently as possible.
- Windows will be open between clients to allow for ventilation and fresh air.
- My space and the bathroom will receive a thorough cleaning after every work day.
Now ensuring we are all safe is not just a burden that falls exclusively on me. It is a responsibility we all share. As a result, there are a few things I will need you as a client to observe.
- You must wear a mask at all times. If you show up without one, one will be provided for you. If you get claustrophobic, a towel will be used instead of a mask.
- You will need to wash your hands upon arrival and after going to the bathroom.
- You will have to fill out a health update via email prior to arrival. I will send it out 24 hours before your appointment. If you answer yes to any of the questions, your appointment will be rescheduled for a later date. While I understand the healing power of a massage, it's a massage not a life saving surgery. It's not worth risking spreading illness. Please behave responsibly, answer honestly, and help protect both myself and my clients who may be your friends and neighbors. I will provide you with the same commitment.
Thank you for your cooperation and I truly appreciate your understanding and patience.These are difficult times. By working together, and following the latest science, we can overcome this and save as many lives as possible.